Community Weed Pulls
The Communities Pulling Together program enables volunteer groups to learn about and remove local invasive plants. Participants gain hands-on experience by helping to remove an invasive plant infestation in their community. Volunteer groups that successfully complete a weed pull event receive a *$250 honorarium.
Volunteer groups must meet the following criteria in order to participate:
- Liability insurance ($2 million) in place prior to event
- Work with regional committee to identify infestation sites
- Minimum of 10 volunteers
- Appropriate weed disposal organized
- Appropriate clothing (long pants/shirts, closed toe shoes)
- First Aid Kit
- One adult for every five children participating
- Pickup Truck (if possible)
- Commit to four hours of weed pulling
If you meet the above criteria, CLICK HERE TO REGISTER your weed pull event.
Frequently Asked Questions
Become a member of the Spotter’s Network
*Honorariums are based on availability of funding.
|Community Weed Pull (2009). Photo and Event: Northeast Invasive Plant Committee
Funding for this program is provided by The Vancouver Foundation.