INVASIVES 2015: INVASIVE SPECIES COUNCIL OF BC PUBLIC FORUM & AGM
JOIN US TO CELEBRATE OUR 10TH ANNIVERSARY!
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Abstract submission deadline: Tuesday, May 20th, 2014
Notification date: February 28th, 2014
The Invasive Species Council of British Columbia is now accepting abstracts for INVASIVES 2015 with presentations on Tuesday January 20th, and Wednesday January 21st, 2015. Please note that there will be a special post-forum workshop on January 22nd. The two-day forum, held at the Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel, Richmond, BC, will include two keynote addresses and four to six half-day sessions (some concurrent), comprised of invited and contributed presentations.
Please join our 10th anniversary celebration that promises a special glimpse into our ten-year expedition of challenges and achievements, as well as future directions!
INVASIVES 2015 is an annual forum that engages professionals and organizations with a common interest in sharing knowledge and improving invasive species management in British Columbia. Hosted by the Invasive Species Council of BC and its many partners who help make it possible, the goal of the forum is to provide an opportunity for educating, networking, and sharing resources and up-to-date research about invasive species management (including weed management). The forum also covers topics on regulatory issues and concerns about invasive species spread across and between jurisdictional boundaries in BC and beyond borders.
INVASIVES 2015 is also joined by the Annual General Meeting of the Invasive Species Council of BC. Please develop abstracts based on the following session themes that best suit you:
• Session A: Making Invasives Mainstream (Communications)
• Session B: Impacts and Issues
• Session C: Celebrating Success – Tools that work
• Session D: New and Emerging Issues and Invaders
• Session E: Instilling responsible behaviours – leading change
• Session F: Research Learnings (along with poster session – TBD)
• Session G: Your recommendation!
Please note that oral presentations are generally limited to 20 minutes. Abstracts should be submitted no later than Tuesday, May 20th, 2014 to email@example.com. Acceptance notices for oral presentations, as well as further details, will be provided by June 15th, 2014.
• Required format: (English; Times New Roman, 12 point font)
• Name(s) of author/principal investigator
• Contact information: mailing address and email address
• Phone number
• Session Title
• Abstract: 250 – 300 word maximum
• Presentation abstracts should be submitted in a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
• Photo (print quality .jpg or .tif) of presenter for use in print/web communications.
A forum summary will be prepared following the event, and where permission is granted, presentations and abstracts will be posted to the ISCBC website. Presenters of accepted abstracts may have their registration fees waived for the day of presentation.
The Invasive Species Council of BC is a registered charity, focused on reducing the impacts and spread of invasive species to BC and beyond. Dedicated to bringing people together to build collaboration and success, the Council offers a wide range of educational and information resources for individuals, communities and resource managers. For more information on the programs and resources available through the Invasive Species Council of BC, please visit our website at www.bcinvasives.ca or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at INVASIVES 2015!
Download: Call for Abstracts (PDF)