A cross-agency provincial government committee formed in 2005 called the Inter-Ministry Invasive Species Working Group (IMISWG).
The scope of the IMISWG and the BC Government Invasive Species Strategic Plan is focused on, but not limited to:
- Terrestrial and aquatic invasive alien species such as plants, animals (including fish, mollusks, crustaceans and other invertebrates), fungi, and microbes that are not native to the province, or
- are outside of their natural distribution, and threaten to degrade the environment or negatively impact British Columbia’s people or economy.
- Legislation and regulations across government related to invasive species management.
- Key stakeholders that may be impacted by, or may directly impact invasive species prevention and management.
- The goals and objectives contained in the BC Government Invasive Species Strategic Plan and other strategy documents developed by the IMISWG.
Click here to visit the IMISWG home page.